July 12, 2006

Roma's Pizza Putz

It happened right across the street from Arbor Creek at Roma's Pizza. That's where Little Elm Police arrested Faruk Bajrami, aka Leon, a 26 year old Dallas resident and brother of Bekim Bajrami aka Tony, owner of Roma's restaurant, for allegedly exposing himself to a teenaged girl who worked at the restaurant.

The girl claims that Faruk began harassing her as soon as she began working at the restaurant back in April and that he continued to sexually harass her on a daily basis even going as far as exposing himself to her and often grabbing her behind as she would walk past him. She also claims that Bajrami would force her to kiss him despite her protests. She told police that he would often expose himself behind his apron while making pizzas for customers and would lift the apron to expose himself to the young girl. The teen said that the last time Faruk did this was on May 16th.

Bajrami was taken to the Denton County Jail on June 8th and was released on a $3,000 bond the very next day. Faruk claims the girls allegations are untrue and is hoping the courts will exonerate him. His brother Tony told police that the girl had never complained about his brother and that he had thought that they were working together well and that this complaint had come as a surprise to him.

Personally I stopped going to Roma's for pizza not long after they opened. I happened to be waiting for a to go order when I observed the man making pizzas by the front counter scratch his hair and nose before sticking those same hands into the dough to form the pizza. He was not wearing gloves nor did I see him wash his hands at any time. I told the manager what I had seen and they shrugged their shoulders and actually told me that the oven would kill off any germs. It was then I decided to take my business elsewhere.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Cynthia said...

Thank you Mike for the information!! When Roma's Pizza first opened I stoppped to order a pizza and I observed the same, (no gloves) when making the pizza. I was also turned off by the negative attitude when I inquired as to why no gloves were being used and walked out without buying the pizza. It does not surprise me at all that this place closed so soon, and now that I know the reason I will make sure to stay away from this place.
The following link: http://www.familywatchdog.us
will tell you how many sex offenders live in your or any neighborhood!

Thursday, July 13, 2006 9:48:00 AM  
Blogger Michael Lederman said...

Cynthia,

Thanks for the comment I just wanted to tell you that Roma’s is not closed. Roma’s is the pizza place closest to the liquor store the sit down restaurant, it’s Pizza Inn that is closed which is right next to Roma’s.



As for the sex offender website, I visited it and was surprised to see how many lived in Little Elm. Guess we’re not that ‘little town’ anymore.



Stay cool in all this heat.

Michael

Thursday, July 13, 2006 10:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home